Celebrating Someone Special
Today I am celebrating the birthday of someone very special to me! Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! Knowing her special day was coming up, I just had to design a Super Special card for her! I think I hit the mark…what do you think?
Masks and Embossing Paste
I’ve been on a Black & White trend lately with my designs. I love the elegance it gives to a card. Plus, Black just happens to be the favorite color of my birthday girl, so.. (yes, she’s a walking statement of elegance too!) I love adding texture to my cards…so the Sweet Soire’e Decorative Masks paired with White Embossing Paste was definitely going to add just what I wanted for this card.
Applying Embossing Paste over the Masks is much like icing a cake! First step, you spread it over the mask just like you would to a cake. The second step is to use your palette knife to remove all the excess paste from the mask. Last step, carefully lift up the mask and admire your work!
Decorating with Embellishment Kits
Do you think you must create every element for your cards from scratch? I don’t! I love using the embellishment kits Stampin’ Up! offers on my cards. It’s quick. It’s easy. And the Sweet Soire’e Embellishment Kit just ROCKS! It has tassels, scalloped velvet trim, tags and these awesome foiled flowers and vellum foiled leaves! All I had to do was add some Stampin’ Dimensionals behind the flowers to pop them onto my card front. I used Mini Glue Dots to add the vellum leaves.
Celebrating with Sentiment Options
The ‘Celebrate’ sentiment was the obvious choice for the sentiment for my card. A quick 1/2″ Whisper White card stock strip, dove-tailed on one end is all I needed. I could have used any of the sentiments from the Cake Soire’e stamp set…they all would have been perfect!
Hugs & Smiles,
Share What You Love!
As a demonstrator, I truly enjoy sharing what I love about paper crafting and Stampin’ Up! with everyone! But I know that excitement extends to my wonderful customers as well. To have friends to craft with is what makes our hobby so fun, so we share what we love with others to get them hooked too. Stampin’ Up! wants to help you in your mission, so they have come up with a suite for this very thing called “Share What You Love!” You will be seeing this beautiful new suite in the brand new catalog that goes live on June 1st.
So why am I tell you this now when June 1st is a whole month away? Because we want you to Share What You Love NOW! That’s right, from May1-31, Stampin’ Up! is releasing this suite to customers 1 month early for a special preorder!
Do you like FREE? Take a look at these 3 bundle options! Each bundle includes 1-3 FREE Items! There’s something here for any & all level crafters! NOTE – these items will NOT be bundled in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog.. they will be strictly ‘A La Cart’!
Oh The Beautiful Cards You’ll Make!
Did you see the perfect bundle that will help you Share What You Love through all the beautiful cards you’ll be making with this gorgeous suite? Check out these samples from Stampin’ Up!
Now check out this video to see this suite in action!
Get your Pre-order in today and you’ll be on your way to sharing what you love!
Hugs & Smiles,
Have you heard?
THE Occasions Catalog for 2018 is here…and you’re going to LOVE IT! Check out this cute stop-motion video (I love these videos!) to see highlights of some of the awesome Occasions products!
Got Occasions Catalog?
I know you’re DYING to see the whole catalog, so if you have not received one from me (or another demonstrator) and would like one, please let me know and I will get one in the mail to you ASAP. In the meantime, you can download it simply by clicking the image to the right!
But wait, there’s more…check out this video that features fabulous stamps perfect for using with the new Stampin’ Blends:
Something to Sale-A-Brate!
Is it not enough that we have new products to drool over and purchase in the Occasions catalog? Let’s add in some FREE new products to sweeten the deal! You know it, Sale-A-Bration is back and better than ever!
Check out this quick video highlighting a few of the products!
In case you’re not quite familiar with what Sale-A-Bration is, it’s only the biggest sale of the year where you can earn free, exclusive products with every qualifying order. But this year something new has been added…Reward Levels!
SHOP – Reward Levels
In the past, for every $50 you spent, you received a free Sale-A-Bration product. But this year, they’ve sweetened the pot! Check out these reward levels:
- If you spend $50, you get one free level 1 product
- If you spend $100, you get one free level 2 product, OR, you can choose two level 1 items
- If you spend $150, you have the option to choose three level 1 items or one level 1 item and one level 2 item
This new option allows everyone to create a personalized Sale-A-Bration experience!
If you need a Sale-A-Bration brochure, please contact me and I’ll be happy to get one in the mail to you. In the meantime, check out all the goodness HERE online!
There are also added benefits to hosting during Sale-A-Bration! Did Christmas or post Christmas bills drain the wallet? Have no fear! I’ve got a way for you to get your hands on our awesome Stampin’ Up! products for FREE!!!
Host a party with $250 in sales (kinda easy during Sale-A-Bration) and you’ll get $25 more in hostess rewards! Seriously… for just $250 sales, you’re looking at $50 in FREE Products (of your choice!) Hello? Email me to book your party NOW! Before everyone else gets your date!
Contact me today to book your party! Catalog parties count too as do your own personal order for $250 or more!
Hugs & Smiles,
Leave a comment to be entered into a Daily Drawing! Winners for each day will be posted in Sunday’s post!
Cat Got Your…Polka Dots?!
If you’re still needing to get some Halloween cards made for the little monsters in your life, have no fear! I’ve got a quick and cute card for you today!
This “spooky” cat doesn’t seem so spooky with all those cute polka dots, huh? Not only do we have polka-dots from our Spooky Night Designer Series Paper, but we’re using the Polka Dot Embossing Folder as well.
This card comes together so quick with all our handy punches. See the list below of all supplies used.
To get that black speckled look, just flick black ink from your Basic Black Stampin’ Write marker onto your paper using the large end of the marker and the cap.
Use the Banner Triple Punch to punch the end of the DSP strip.
Don’t forget about those Mini Glue Dots! They’re perfect to adhere the Linen Thread triple bow!
Smiles & Hugs,
I see a Sunset? What do you see? This card reflects the name of the stamp set used on it perfectly…colorful! If you really want to brighten someone’s day, get out your ink and stamping sponges and let’s get started on this beautiful card idea, courtesy of my stamping co-op!
- The oh so colorful focal point of this card is created using a piece of Whisper White cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″. Using Stamping Sponges, pounce Sahara Sand ink along one long edge to at least ½” from the bottom. Follow with Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and end with Melon Mambo at the top. Blend colors at “seam” where they both meet.
- On a piece of 2-3/4’ x 2-3/4” Whisper White, stamp the “Life is Beautiful” sentiment from the Colorful Seasons stamp set in the center with Basic Black Archival ink. Die cut with the round 2-3/8” Stitched Shapes Framelits to center the sentiment. Using Daffodil Delight and a sponge, pounce ink over the sentiment to create a sun.
- Next, we’re going to use those fabulous Seasonal Layers Thinlits to die cut the Adirondack chair (using a piece of 2″ x 2-1/2″ Whisper White) and the beverage cup with the straw (using a piece of 1″ x 3/4″ Whisper White). You’ll want to stamp the beverage first with Pumpkin Pie ink, then die cut.
Wasn’t that fun? Now all we have to do is assemble our card!
- Adhere sun/sentiment to colorful background using SNAIL.
- Adhere chair and beverage to colorful background using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Set aside to dry.
- Once dry, adhere the colorful piece to the Daffodil Delight cardstock (4″ x 5-1/4″) using SNAIL.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere Daffodil Delight piece to card base of Whisper White cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2″.
- Take about a 6″ piece of Daffodil Delight ¼” Double-Stitched Ribbon, tie into a tiny bow, trim ends and adhere to side of sentiment piece with Mini Glue Dot.
- Sprinkle a few Crushed Curry Glitter Enamel Dots on the card front and your colorful creation is complete!
Have you heard? I’m doing a daily drawing and YOU can be entered just by leaving me a comment on this post!
Hugs & Smiles,