My project for today is based on the challenge from Freshly Made Sketches. I have to admit that I had not used glossy cardstock before now. I had no idea what to do with it……You Tube to the rescue. Just type Polished Stone in your You Tube search. So basically this is what you do.
- Cut the glossy paper to the size you want.
- Get two cotton balls and some Rubbing Alcohol.
- Take one of the cotton balls and add some alcohol and ink refill drops. I used some Elegant Eggplant (2 drops) and Powder Pink (4 drops).
- Add the color to the paper by dabbing the cotton ball all over the paper.
- Use the second cotton ball to pick up the puddles by dabbing the paper.
Pictures would be better but at least you can see it on YouTube.
Stamp: Tuscan Vineyard Paper: Elegant Eggplant, White, Powder Pink, Blushing Bride Glimmer, Glossy Paper Ink: Black Archival, Elegant Eggplant & refill , Powder Pink & refill Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
For the Powdered Pink panel I stamped the swirl design randomly after stamping off once.
I used Black Archival ink to stamp the image from Tuscan Vineyard. The glossy paper is somewhat slippery so be careful when stamping. These detailed stamps are wonderful for this technique. There are others in the catalog that will work as well. I didn’t add a sentiment so one can be added at a later time.
Here is the challenge that inspired my card:
If you need any stamping supplies I’d be happy to be your demonstrator. Just click on any of the boxes below and you’ll go directly to my store. If you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you.
Have a great week and thank you for stopping by today!